-

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gourmet Style Poached Eggs

This breakfast was very YUMMY! Hubby gave it a THUMBS UP!
Gourmet Style Poached Eggs
 Ingredients:
4 Eggs
2 avocados
salt & pepper
1/4 cup of water
small amount of lemon juice, not pictured
cooking spray & olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil)
(*butter was in the picture for the toast---oops!)
 I used garlic infused olive oil and drizzled in the pan.
 Cut the avocado in halve and remove pit. Slice a thin piece off the bottom of avocado so it will sit flat in the pan. Remove the peel and discard.
 Cut a circle out of the center of the avocado (see above). I didn't worry about it looking too pretty, you will fill the hole with your eggs. But if you want, use a small round cookie cutter for the center. I saved the remaining avocado parts for another recipe...see notes at the end of the post. Squeeze lemon juice on the avocado to prevent browning.
 Place the avocado's in the hot (medium heat) pan. Then break one egg into each avocado. Season with salt & pepper.
Don't worry about the eggs leaking into the pan...IF the pan is HOT...it will cook quickly. Cook for about 45 seconds till eggs are set. Cover with a lid.
 Remove the lid and pour 1/4 cup of water around the base of the eggs. replace the lid for 3-4 minutes or until egg is cooked/steamed.
 Remove and serve. 
I served breakfast with small roasted parmesan potatoes, bacon and toast.
* I opened the top of the yolks to show color in the photo.
Yummy Good!
Serving Breakfast with Style & Taste...
NeeCee Signature
All photos by NeeCee @ Pine Creek Style
Potatoes recipe will be posted on Friday!
* What did I do with the left over avocado? I mashed it up! And...
 Add ranch dressing to your avocado and mash together!  An instant dip or salad dressing...
 Season lightly with garlic pepper if you wish.
It's good with these parmesan potato bites too!

2 comments :

Erika@BeBookBound said...

Just when I thought I couldn't love avocados more than I do, I see this! What a fantastic idea! I dedicate my upcoming Saturday breakfast to you. Thanks so much for stopping by Be Book Bound. It's always fun to meet a fellow foodie! Have a great weekend . . .

NeeCee said...

Oh...you won't be dissappointed! So good...I was tempted to put hollandaise sauce over the top....TOO MAKE IT OVER THE TOP!!! LOL
Excited about the feature...Thank YOU! With Style....NeeCee