-

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Old World Charm; My Dining Room Table...

It was time to redo the Dining Table!
For the second time!
The re-finished dinning Room set.
The original color of my Dinning Room set. It was too light in color for the look I wanted. So about five years ago I re-did the set in a dark stain, and a light distress look!
The top of the table looked similar to this table, except in an "X" pattern! I didn't care for the top at all....
My main objective was to refinish the set because of the tabletop.
(*The table & chairs had been gently used before we acquired the set.)
See my post (here)...Back to School Tablescape.
This is the finished, darker version! I did kind of a white wash effect with a dark stain. And a darker stain in all of the grooves.....
Then... a light distress here and there.....
I had the chair seats recovered in a Brown Bull hide, textured leather, replacing the cloth upholstery ...The captains chairs were left alone, in their original light tan distressed leather.
**I couldn't find my original pictures of the process! :s
I had a piece of glass cut for the top, with all the table leaves left in,...as we have a large family.  
I knew over time, I could distress it "MORE" as wear and tear set in...
WELL...
5 years down the road, belts and kids shoes added their marks to the chairs.
It was time for Refreshing & Distressing!
The chair on the left is MY original version... Lightly distressed!
The chair on the right is the HEAVY Distressed NEW Version! 
I LOVE my Aged, Heavy Distressed Version!
My original on the left, NEW version on the right!
The view from below....
A side view of the table & chair.....
I love the aged, worn look....
Another angle....
I used some sand paper to do the heavy distressing and then I used finishing wax to seal the deal!
The top of the table did not need further distressing. I did this for two reasons; 1. It didn't need it, it was distressed enough...although, I did distress the sides and legs further! And 2...I didn't want to risk having the former X pattern to return in any form or fashion!
I love how MY table and chairs look! Aged & Worn...
My Dining Set has "Old World Charm" and Style...  
NeeCee Signature

No comments :