-

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beef Chop Suey with Noodles...

A need to practice with chopsticks prompted this delightful dish from items we had on hand from the fridge and pantry. It was wonderful and I will use this throw-together recipe again.
*Don't forget to become a member...just touch the "join this site" button today!
 A large wok style pan was my choice for cooking and blending my ingredients. But, any large pan with depth will work. The beef I used was a cooked tri-tip I had on hand. The noodles were pre-cooked and packaged which I found in the produce section of my local grocery store. These two items made my dinner come together quickly with delicious results.
 Prepare the Wok with cooking spray. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, then add sliced mushrooms, snap peas, sliced green onions. I then added my chinese spices I had on hand, which happened to be a chow mein season packet.
After the veggies cooked for a couple of minutes, I added 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and seasoned with garlic pepper to taste.
 While that was cooking on medium heat....I sliced about 1/3 of the tri-tip into thin slices. Prepare the Au Jus packet with 1 cup of cold water, and mix well. After blended, stir the Au Jus mix into the veggie's.
 The beef was then cut into bite-size pieces while the gravy blended with the veggies. Stir the veggies gently and add the beef. Reduce the heat to low and simmer.
 Rinse the noodles in cool water. *Follow directions on the package. 
Set aside, and let the noodles drain.
 Add the noodles with a gentle motion, blending sauce and meat/veggies together.
 Ready to Serve...
 Fried onions make a great garnish.
Full of Flavor, Dinner is Served with Style... 
*PS. Host a Chinese Dinner for family or friends, don't forget the chopsticks!
YUM...I think...I'm ready...for seconds...please!
Vote Today for Pine Creek Style at TOPMOMMYBLOGS.COM
See the banner at the top of this page :)

No comments :