-

Friday, March 30, 2012

An April Fools Birthday Meal...

**See Today's Update Below...
Happy Birthday to the BLOG!
It's our 1st Birthday....
I can't believe it's been a year ALREADY! Since it is April Fools this weekend, I thought it was only fitting that my Blog Birthday cake fit with the April Fools theme. This was a fun project! I LOVE how it turned out!
 April Fool's Birthday Cake...
"It's Meat Loaf & Potatoes"
 I made a meat loaf using hamburger, sausage, meatloaf seasoning, eggs, oatmeal, chopped onion and Worcestershire pepper.
 Place meatloaf in 2 round layer pans, bake at 425 degrees for 1/2 hour and then lower the temperature to 350 degrees for another 1/2 hour. when done, cool and turn out of the pans.
 Mash potatoes were my frosting and peas, corn and a tomato were my finishing touches. *(I used instant potatoes)
 Prepare your meat loaf just as you would a cake.
 Frost the "cake" with the mashed potatoes. I used my frosting decorator to finish the special "frosting" touches. Then corn and peas were used to finish the accents along with a grape tomato for the top! And a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese across the cake.
Too CUTE! That will get a few looks at the dinner table!
Have a wonderful weekend and show off your April Fool's Style...
NeeCee Signature:)
Today's Update....April 1st, 2012
Breakfast this morning was "Re-runs", which is our family's name for leftover's.
It was YUMMY!
Fried Meatloaf Slices drizzled with gravy and fried eggs!
Oh My Gosh...This Was Good!
Here is the April Fools Cake when we sliced it for dinner.
It was Yummy for Dinner too!!!



1 comment :

Unknown said...

This is so cute....you can hardly tell that it is not a real cake lol
Thx for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment
xoxo
Rasha@mychampagnetaste