-

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I have No Losses, I Only have Gains...

With the death of my Father...my time has been consumed with arrangements, Family & Friends...
We spent New Year's Day searching through old photographs and scanning  and editing. Mother, my Brother William, our daughter Ta-Ta' (of Tara from trendy Treehouse), Friend Nancy and Myself spent a good part of the New Year's Day working.
 A Labor of Love...
 With the Holidays factored in, it has shortened our preparation time.
 So priorities have take precedence.
Thank you to my Readers, Family & Friends for understanding and our regular posts will return soon.
My Dad, the Letter Carrier, was Downtown Mailman for many years...
I a spent a lot of Saturday's walking the route with him!
Time well spent! I cherish those memories...I really miss my Dad!
Dad is on the right, standing with his sisters and in front of his mother.
Love this family photo...
We have had four losses in this family, this past year.
The most recent was my Uncle Ray. Dad and Ray were 18 months apart and very close. They are standing on either side of my grandparents.
They talked on the phone everyday....Always solving the worlds problems with Coffee Cups in their hands! They shared the Alley between their houses, the kitchens have a direct view. 
They died with in weeks of each other...and our family has suffered greatly!
I wrote a poem about my Dad I would like to share today...
Please Enjoy and I hope Everyone has a Blessed & Happy New Year...

I have No Losses,  I Only have Gains

When someone dies, people say..."I'm sorry for your loss"
I'm Not Sorry, I have No Loss!

I have no Losses, I Only Have Gains...

When My Father died, I felt very sad! 
He was the best Dad I could ever have!

He taught me, gave me & showed me Love...
He was my gift from Heaven above...

When I was young he cared for me well...
When He was Old, I did as well...

He gave me lots of Butterfly kisses...
And in return, I preserved his wishes...

No regrets, the time always spent well...
We laughed & talked...We sat a spell...

He told me "Thank you"...And I said "Why?"
I saw his tears and wiped them dry.

"Thank you , he said, for the care You gave Me"...
"You're Welcome", I said.  ...It was meant to be...

"You gave me life and cared for me well...
Now it's my turn, to return the favor as well...

My Gains were plenty... My lessons were learned
There are no losses... My Dad's respect was well earned...
               
               "I have No Losses, I Only have Gains" 

                 Written January 1st, 2013 by NeeCee
This poem was written after my last conversation with Dad on
 Dec. 27, 2012, the evening he journeyed to Heaven.
I am grateful for his lasting presence in my life.
Another Great Soul Has Graced Heaven with His Presence & Style...
 NeeCee Signature
P.S. Dad...You & Uncle Ray Must Be "Doing it up Good" with Style in Heaven....R.I.P.
"I'll See You in My Dreams..." xoxo

No comments :