-

Friday, October 11, 2013

Full of "BS" Sauce (Bacon & Sour Cream)...

We were in Alaska recently visiting family...
We did a lot of sight seeing and FOOD tasting! One sauce stood out among all the rest...
We had embarked on finding the BEST hamburger the Anchorage Area had to offer...
Well...we had lots of awesome burgers...BUT the sauce served with the Hamburger at the West Rib Deli & Pub in Talkeetna, Alaska was the absolute best!!!
SO of Course...
I wanted to make a version of their FAT ASS Sauce!
It was Wonderful...
I had asked what was in the sauce when I ordered it to accommodate my burger...The waiter...hummmmed, then spouted out a few ingredients & "special spices"! So wrong HE was...BUT the sauce WAS awesome! I knew with just ONE bite... that the main ingredients were not (ALL) listed correctly...
MMMmmm...recipe search or experiment...
I was going to try and make this sauce....
 Since I don't have the official ingredients....I came up with a semi-version of my own and called it "Full of B.S. sauce"
Because, it is full of Bacon & Sour Cream!
*I have seen several ingredients listed for Fat Ass sauce...None are the same!
So...here is a version of mine....
Found & made from one list of ingredients posted online.

"Full of B.S. Sauce"
2 small onions chopped fine, saute' in 2 table spoons of butter
1 carton of Sour cream, 16 ounces
6 pieces of bacon cooked crisp, and broken into small bits & pieces
Blend 1 table spoon of garlic salt and 1/2 tablespoon of white pepper
2 table spoons of horseradish, old fashion style or chunky
Blend well and store in the refrigerator up to one week.
*This sauce was very tasty, I used it on several food items, soups, stews, hot sandwiches & used as a dip for crackers.

 **West Rib Deli & Pub was the scene for the TV show "Man vs Food", Nov. 18, 2009
The Featured Hamburger was a 4 1/2 pounder w/ Fat Ass Sauce...Man Won!
 Bacon, onions, horseradish & spices mixed well...
(before I added the sour cream).
 Mixed, jarred and ready to use...
Not quite the FAT ASS Sauce recipe I was looking for...but, this one is really good!
The ingredients made a wonderful spread/sauce....Very tasty!
We ate every last bite! Anything with BACON works for ME!
I will continue my quest to make a close version of the real Fat Ass sauce!
For NOW....This recipe WORKS just FINE!!!
New ways to serve Bacon with Style...
Don't forget to visit our FB & Pinterest Pages
LIKE & SHARE with Style,
NeeCee Signature

No comments :