- 1 box of yellow Cake Mix...follow the directions on the box. I used a sugar free mix, 2 eggs, oil and instead of 1 cup of water, I used Iced Cake Vodka. Plain vodka would work just fine. I prepared the cake pan; greased and coated with sugar.
- Wash and slice 1 1/2 cups of strawberries
*Mix the cake as directed with the ingredients as called for, replacing the water with vodka in equal measurements. Blend well.
*Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared cake pan, layer with the fresh, sliced strawberries. Pour the remaining batter over the top and place in the preheated oven.
*Bake according to the boxes directions. After removing the cake from the oven let set for 15-20 minutes, then turn out of the pan onto a cake plate.
While the Cake is baking, prepare the topping as follows....
Strawberry Vodka Syrup:
*In a sauce pan, place the ingredients according to the directions
- 1/4 cup of vodka, flavored or plain
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Add 1 1/2 cups of washed & sliced strawberries, fold in gently
* Poke the cooled cake in several places around the top with a wooden skewer. This will allow the infused syrup to filter through the cake.
*With a large spoon, ladle the syrup and berries over the top of the cake. Let it soak in, don't rush it.
Any additional syrup may be served with the cake, simply drizzle over the cut piece and add a dollop of whip cream.
**Extra Syrup may also be reserved & used for pancakes, pound cakes, ice-cream, infused iced teas, punches and more....
***The Alcohol will cook out of the cake leaving a unique & moist taste behind.
Infused with Taste & Style...