I decided to make Cherry Vodka first, especially after the first sweet taste of the cherries!
The reason why???
We have a full weekend soon full of several celebrations for graduations, birthdays & of course Father's day! I love to concoct new recipes ... Enjoy...Xo, NeeCee
- 1 bottle of 750ml (plain) Vodka
- 4 cups of fresh cherries; remove stems, pitted & washed
- *( I had large cherries on my tree, you may want to add more..fill the jar about 3/4 full with prepared cherries)
1. One large Mason jar, 3 pint size (or another sealed glass container)
2. Place the prepared cherries in the bottom of the large infusion jar
3. Pour the all of the Vodka over the top, 750ml
4. Seal with the jar lid
5. Let the vodka & fruit infuse for 5-7 days in a dark area on the counter. No direct sunlight.
6. Gently shake the jar regularly, throughout the mentioned days, to help infuse. Tasting if you wish, continue this process until you have right the intensity of the cherry flavor you desire.
7. When Vodka is ready; Strain the liquid into a clean jar, seal and refrigerate.
Steeping the Cherries in this way adds a sweetness, yet a little tartness to the Vodka. Wonderful for Cocktails and recipes, while impressing your guests!
AND, don't forget to use your alcohol induced cherries for garnishes...AWESOME!
Keep watching for upcoming recipes on how to use your cherry Vodka!
This recipe is for adults over 21 years of age!
Enjoy your Celebrations with Style...
From our tree to your recipe box...