from Pine Creek Style
- 1 package of Tri Color Pasta, spiral style, cooked al dente & drain
- 1 cup of water packed artichoke hearts, drain, remove leaves and dice hearts into chunks
- 1/3 cup of fresh tomatoes, remove seeds and dice
- 1/4 (heaping) red onion, diced
- 2 medium bell peppers, 1 red & 1 yellow, diced
- 1 small can of sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons of grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- lightly season with black pepper
- Prepare and toss lightly all ingredients together, except the vinegar, mustard, olive oil & pepper
- Mix the Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Olive Oil together, mix well
- Add the dressing to the Pasta mixture, mix well.
- Season with black pepper.
- *You may want to make extra dressing and set aside in the refrigerator . Use the extra dressing to add to the salad if needed the next day. Pasta will sometimes soak up the dressing, the extra dressing will quickly refresh your salad. ** you may also use a pre-made White Balsamic dressing and add the Dijon mustard .
Summer Salad with Refreshing Taste & Style....