- 500 ml of unflavored Vodka
- 250 ml of Brandy
- 1/4 cup of Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of fine sugar
- 3-4 cups (depending on size) of plums, wash, cut in half & remove pits
- Prepare the plums, place in a plastic zip lock bag
- Pour the Simple Syrup over the top of the plums, seal and place bag in the refrigerator over night or for at least a couple of hours.
- Next Day (or later in the day) using a large vessel, such as an Extra Large Mason Jar,...add the soaked Plums. Then pour the Vodka & Brandy on top of the fruit.
- Add the extra fine sugar.
- Tighten the lid to the jar and shake gently. Place in a cool dark area such as a shelf or counter top for up to 30 days! *I prefer to keep mine in the refrigerator, but that is just my preference.
- During the infusion time, gently shake the jar every 1 - 2 days. Taste every so often, so you may decide how long you want to retain the fruit.
- When the infusion has reached your desired taste, drain the liqueur into another vessel. Place the fruit onto cheese cloth, draped over a sieve. Place the sieve over a bowl or pitcher to catch excess liquid. Press the fruit, wrapped in cheese cloth, into the sieve and squeeze the remaining juice/liquid out of the plums. Repeat until all of the plums are pressed. Throw away the spent fruit. Using a smaller sieve/filter pour the squeezed fruit juice into the rest of the Plum Liqueur.
- The Liqueur is now ready for use.
- Store the Plum Liqueur in the refrigerator, until needed.
Infused with Style...