Move over Roy's, there's a new Short Rib recipe in town! They are fall off the bone good!!!
Pomegranate Tequila Beef Short Ribs
In a large crock pot:
- 1 or 2 racks of Beef short ribs (depending on size, mine served up to 4 people, with one package), mine were frozen!
- 1/2 cup of Pomegranate Tequila Liqueur (see recipe here), or... use 1/4 cup pom juice & 1/4 cup tequila (The Liqueur cooks out, but you may just use straight Pom juice.)
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Pine Creek Ranch Seasoning (see recipe here) or Garlic pepper to taste. I went a little heavy on my dashing!
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Pomegranate jelly
- 2-3 gloves of garlic, mashed
- 1 medium onion, quartered & sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 beef broth cube, * I use Knor's Brand
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pkg of Knor's beef gravy, dry
- 1 tablespoon of butter ( to sauté the onions)
- In a large vessel mix; water, gravy package, jelly, tomato paste. Mix well with a wire whip. Set aside.
- Place the ribs frozen (or fresh) into a prepared crock pot. Pour the BBQ sauce over the top of the ribs. **Turn the crock pot on high for the first hour, turn the meat once to help thaw. Then reduce the heat to low for 4 hours.
- Add the Pomegranate Tequila, to the pot, pouring over the meat.
- Next, add the water mixture, stir gently
- Toss in the beef cube, it will melt and you will blend & stir a few times in the first hour.
- Add the mashed garlic.
- Saute' the onions in a frying pan with the butter. When caramelized, add to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle in the brown sugar
- Add the desired amount of garlic pepper, to taste, stir gently & mix everything.
- After on hour on high (turn meat once or twice) , reduce to low and cook for another 4 hours.
Additional infö: I used 1 cup of the cooking broth to make my gravy for the top of my ribs. I just used another package of Brown Gravy mix to blend with the cooking broth! YUM!
We served our dinner with Garlic Mashed potatoes and Creamed spinach with garlic bread. Oh and of course a nice bottle of Cabernet! These were so good, I want to make them again for a small dinner party or a holiday meal... See more photos below....
A 5 Star Dinner served with Style... Xo,