From Pine Creek Style
This salad was delicious and the presentation was impressive...a few WOW'S were blurted out!
Love, Like & Share with Style....Find us on Facebook & Pinterest
Bite, Chew & Repeat
Stacked Blue Cheese & 'Mater Salad
~~Please read the complete recipe before starting as you will want to make the Parmesan Fried Cheese "Plate" prior to assembling the salad.
Per Salad: Indredients...
** Second Recipe for Parmensan Fried Cheese Garnish below
- 1 large Herloom Tomato, sliced thick into four or five pieces, place on a paper towel to soak up juices while preparing other ingredients.
- 1 jar of Artichoke Salad (including pimentos & green olives), use 1/4 of the jar per salad, drained
- 1 jar of Artichoke Hearts, use 1/4 of the jarper salad, drained, I remove large leaves that are woody.
- Parmesan Cheese, Fresh & Shaved, 1/4 cup per salad
- 1 wooden skewer per salad, to secure
- Chives for garnish
- Blue Cheese Dressing for stacking and drizzling
- 2 large green olives stuffed with Blue Cheese for garnish per salad
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Driections for the Salad assembly:
- Place the Parmesan Fried Cheese "Plate" on your dish
- Next, layer as folows: one tomato slice,place 1 teaspoon of blue cheese dressing in the center of the tomato
- Add the Artichoke hearts & artichoke mixture
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times, in a stacking order
- Place a wooden skewer through the center of the tomatoe salad. Securing the stack.
- Drizzle the salad with more blue cheese dressing as desired
- Sprinkle the salad with shaved fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Season with Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish the top of the salad/skewer with two large green olives and/or some left over fried cheese pieces
Parmesan Fried Cheese Garnish/Base:
Ingredients: 1 per salad, recipe is for one...
- !/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 cup of chopped Pecans
- Garlic Pepper to taste or Pine Creek Ranch Seasoning
- Olive oil for cooking
Mix the cheese, nuts & garlic pepper together.
In a frying pan, heat a small amount of olive oil,
Sprinkle the cheese mixture in the bottom of the hot pan, spreading the cheese out to form a flat "plate" of fried cheese. Flip the cheese over when golden and cook until golden on both sides. This cooks very quickly, do not leave the pan. ** Spray the spatula with cooking spray to easliy flip the cheese "Plate". Place on a paper towel until ready to use.
"A Gourmet Salad to Serve for a Special Occasion"Happy Hearts Day!