Butter Cream Mints
- 1 - 4 ounce brick of Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 pound box of powdered sugar (add additional 1/2 to 1 cup if needing to stiffen the mixture)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepperment oil
- Food coloring: Yellow-2 drops, Pink- 2 drops of red, green - 1 drop
- Mix together the cream cheese, butter and mint, blend well
- Slowly add the powder sugar a little at a time using a hand mixer. Continue adding the full amount of powdered sugar.
- If making different colored candies, divide the creamed candy into equal parts, then add the food coloring to each amount and blend. (I made, pink, green, white & yellow)
- Fill a frosting tube with colored candy...(I left the end off the tube for a little larger candy drop.)
- Lay out waxed paper on the counter, make small candy drops on the waxed paper. Let candy dry for 24 hours, turning over until dry. the candy will be dry on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Makes 60 plus candies
You may also roll the candies into little balls and slightly flatten with fork tines, use about 1/2 teaspoon of candy for each candy drop. Turn over every so ften while drying.
Store in the refrigerator after dried, in an airtight container, when not serving...