-

Friday, September 18, 2015

Apple Rum Spice Cake

This cake is easy and quick! It's a wonderful Fall treat when served with coffee...It's the season for Family & Friends to drop by for a visit!
*I used a powder sugar glaze & made it look like spider webs. Added a few Black toy Spiders...and TaDah...Halloween Cake! 
So... Why not whip-up this delicious cake in a hurry?
It's a BOXED cake mix with a little extra goodies thrown in....
 My Spider Web glaze puts some Halloween Spirit into the cake.

 Simple instructions:
Make the boxed Spice cake according to directions on the box. Mine called for 3 eggs and 1/3 cup of oil, and 1 cup of water...
WHICH I replaced with 1 cup of Rum!
Then I used 1 apple (fuji), peeled & chopped in small chunks.
Bake according to the directions on the box 
(Mine: 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a bundt style pan)
Icing Glaze:
 I mixed a glaze of 2 cups of Powder sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, a dash of vanilla, pinch of salt and enough milk to make the glaze thick, yet runny enough to drizzle across the cake. *(I used Almond Milk)
I drizzled the glaze in a spiderweb fashion and added fake spiders to achieve my Halloween Style look!




Very tasty, easy & gone in a FLASH!!!
Halloween Dessert served with Style...
 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg

No comments :