-

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Beer Brownies???

I love baking with beer. It adds moisture and height to your breads, cakes and brownies. Here are to simple adaptions to regular boxed brownies that take your brownies to the next level!

Beer Brownies


Ingredients & Directions:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
*Follow directions  & ingredients on the box, eggs, oil, etc.
Replace the water on the box with an equal amount of beer, I used "805" Beer.

Mix as directed and bake according to the package.
I doubled my recipe with no problems.
I added small amounts of chocolate frosting as a topping...I also added some caramel topping to the frosting and mixed well.....


Hard Root Beer Brownies:


Instructions & Directions:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix.
Follow directions & use ingredients on the box, eggs, oil , etc.
Replace the water with equal amounts of Hard Root Beer, I used Coney Island Hard Root Beer.
Add 1 tablespoon of powdered vanilla, mix well.
Bake according to the packaging. This recipe doubles well.

I used a vanilla frosting to decorate the top. I added some extra powdered vanilla to "beef up"  the vanilla taste.

I made these brownies for a recent birthday party for my brother inlaw and they were a hit!

**Add nuts to either recipe if desired.

 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg

No comments :