Ham & Cheese Quiche
The Cattle Queen Cooks
Yields: One Quiche
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Garlic Pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound of pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1/2 medium zucchini, grated and wrapped in a paper towel to absorb the moisture
- 1 small onion, chopped & saute'd
- 1 tablespoon of butter, for saute' onions
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup of Parmesan grated cheese
- 1 pie shell
- Set the oven to 350 degrees
- In a pie pan, place one pie shell, finish crust edges as desired, rustic, shaped, fork, etc.
- Prick the crust with a fork to vent and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together; beaten eggs, garlic pepper, whipping cream, cheddar cheese, cooked sausage and cooked bacon, saute'd onions and prepared zucchini. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the top of the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cooked center, comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes; cut into wedges to serve.
Quiche is perfect for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner...Serve with fruit, a green salad, veggies, etc.