-

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Fig Jam Ham...

Fig Jam Ham... Thanksgiving day I decided to use fig jam on my ham. And, I'm glad I did...This ham was so moist and the flavor was amazing...We cooked it in our large crock pot ....yummy! Everyone raved about the taste! It's a two thumbs up recipe!

 Fig Jam Ham
  The CattleQueen Cooks

Ingredients:
 1 fully smoked/cooked Ham, bone-in
1/2 jar of Fig Jam
1/4 cup of Brown sugar
Garlic Pepper, (PineCreek Ranch Seasoning here), to taste
1/4 cup of dark rum, optional

Directions:

In a large, prepared crock pot place the ham after, you score the top.
1/4 cup of dark rum, optional, pour on top of the scored ham.
Spread the jam, generously on the top .
Sprinkle the brown sugar on the top of the jam.
Then sprinkle the garlic pepper on top of the brown sugar.
Cook according to directions or do as I did and slow roast on medium for about 3 hours.

Notes:

~My lid did not fit on the crockpot due to the height of the ham...I covered the top of the ham and crock pot with heavy foil and left it covered while cooking. This worked out extremely well...This ham was amazingly moist!
 Ready to cook!
The ham is on the left...so yummy good!

 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpgXO

No comments :