-

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gourmet Caesar Salad with Steak or Chicken...

Caesar Salad, Chicken or Steak...















  • One stalk of Romaine lettuce will provide the start for 2-3 salads.
  • Wash and drain the lettuce. Wrap in a couple of paper towels and chill while you prepare the other ingredients.
  • You may choose to warm the meat or serve it cold. For this salad I used a filet migon, sliced thin. I choose to serve it cold.
  • I made Fried Parmesan Cheese with chives.
**Sometimes I mix into the cheese: nuts; chopped fine, chives or garlic pepper.

In most cases, I buy a name brand caesar salad dressing. It's convenient and less time consuming. There are many fine products offered at your local grocery store's. 

For the Chicken Caesar Salad:
  • I used the same ingredient's as the salad above but, choose to use cooked boneless chicken thighs.  I marinated the chicken overnight in a cabernet wine & garlic sauce. The marinade was a gift from some friends, YUMMY! Then, I sprinkled the chicken with garlic pepper and baked at 350 degrees for one hour. Let the chicken cool slightly until warm. Then slice into small bite size pieces. The marinade made this salad extra yummy and full of flavor.

You may serve it cold and/or choose breast meat instead. 
**Any marinade of your choice will work nicely as long as it's complementary to the caesar salad dressing.
 The fried parmesan cheese this night, was just cheese. I also added some fresh grated parmesan too!
I use the fried cheese alone or with crouton's.
pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com



No comments :