-

Thursday, July 12, 2012

She's a Beauty...


She's a BEAUTY now....
BUT she needed some tender loving care!
I found HER at a local Thrift Store, a favorite new haunt of mine!
She happened to be the "Today's Special"!
 It pays to be there when the doors OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!
It was love at first sight!
And her price was JUST right! She was marked down a whopping $30, on top of that I qualified for a 10% senior discount! Whoo-Hoo, another $15!!! 
My kitty, Reba is having fun checking out the new desk!
She needed some cleaning, sanding & a plan of action!
She's not an antique, but a very nice reproduction (and good quality) from several years back.
She is solid wood with a walnut stain! The sale tags were taped on. I used a little WD-40 to quickly remove the residue. After that, I gently washed the areas with a dampened, soapy rag. Then dried with a clean dry cloth. 
A quick sanding with fine sandpaper. I wanted the desk to have a distressed antique look. The original drawer knob looked even better after the desk was refurbished!
After the desk was sanded & prepped, I gave it a heavy white wash of paint. I used a Benjamin Moore paint. The color is Sugar Cookie in a sheen finish. 
Love the creamy white color.
I let the original walnut color show through; throughout the entire desk.
THEN....after that dried, I used a walnut gel-stain. I brushed it on and wiped/rubbed it off! Thus, completing the layered antique look.
I let her dry overnight, then I finished her with a soft semi-gloss satin finish.
I think she turned out GREAT!
The original knob really looks nice!
The love Her ornate details.
I am so pleased with Her BEAUTY!
As luck would have it....I had the perfect chair to complement Her beauty!
**Oops, We lost our electricity for several hours today, so my lighting was NOT the best!
She is ready for MY office! I wish MY office was READY for HER!!!
One project at a time....NeeCee...it will happen!
OHhh, the whoa's of remodeling...
She's a Beauty, Antique'd with Style...
NeeCee Signature
A sneak peek of  the furniture that will eventually join my NEW desk in MY new office.


2 comments :

Falafel and the Bee said...

Oh my goodness that is one of the most beautiful desks I have ever seen!
You did a fantastic job.
~Michelle

NeeCee said...

Thank you so much! i am very pleased with HER! She is Stylish....., she will go perfect in my new office. NeeCee