-

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hurley Update..Whoo-Hoo...

(((Whoo-Hoo)))
Have we got an update for YOU...
This post is a little long on photos; BUT the story that unfolded with these photos is AMAZING!
"I JUST HAVE TO SHARE"...
WE GOT GREAT NEWS AND IN A FEW MONTHS WE HOPE ITS EVEN BETTER...
SO HERE IT IS:
 
FRIDAY night, Oct 5th-2012, I was getting on a plane in Dallas, Texas. And I mean GETTING on the plane. (We, Hubby & I had a business meeting in Indiana) I called to check on Dad's blood sugar and see how he was doing. He had just hung up with the family doctor.
" IT WAS GOOD NEWS!!!"
The report from the CT SCAN on Wednesday (the 3rd) was amazing!
The tumors were shrinking considerably ...enough to make everyone, including the Dr's, shout WHOO-HOO! 
WOW...
WE WERE HAPPY!
Now all we had to do was wait for the official report on Wednesday the 10th from Solace Care Center & Dr. Fig.
Sure made for a nice, relaxing weekend when Dr. H. called with the awesome news.
" THANK YOU Dr. H."
I had been nervous about leaving and being out of state.
 (Many thanks to MY brother Bill for making it easy to leave. He stayed with Mother & Dad while I was gone! Thank-YOU, THANK-you!)
(Some of my parents great grand kids)
While waiting for the plane to load, I quickly made a couple of phone calls and sent out a mass text to share Dad's news! All the while, I wanted to yell out...
(((WHOO-HOO)))
I was just a wee bit Happy!
(More of My parents great grand kids....)
I was so relaxed about my trip at this point. I didn't mind that the plane was completely full AND the fact that AMERICAN Airlines had had SOooo many problems as of late. I DID check MY seat to make sure it was attached! But, I was in a good seat row...13! Our families favorite number! 
WOW...What a GREAT Day I thought!
  I couldn't wait to turn my phone back on so I could see and hear all of the responses to my TEXT message about DAD!
Then we arrived at the Indy Airport...
Guess what our gate number was...
(I had fun making this photo!)
YUP! Gate B-9!!!
(((WHOO-HOO))), Again!
I took a photo with my iphone! I couldn't believe it!
(((WHOO-HOO))), AGAIN!!!
The responses to my text were amazing....Thank you everyone for all the love, prayers and support.
So Sunday, while we were in INDY we were treated (by our Hosts) to the PACKERS VS. COLTS game at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy! 
(((THANK YOU VERY MUCH)))
We walked up to the stadium AND they were handing out 
PINK Ribbons for Breast Cancer Day at the Stadium!
(((WHOO-HOO))) for every Breast cancer Survivor! 
THIS WEEKEND WAS LOOKING GOOD!
 
This photo turned out awesome! NEECEE@2012
I am NOT a football fan myself. I will watch it
but I'd rather be crocheting...(((HA HA)))
BUT, today was different. 
Dad had GOOD news and He was excited I was at the game. He & My brother watched the game from home and we were texting back and forth throughout the ENTIRE game!
We all enjoyed the GAME! Even if the Packers did LOSE!  :(
 We shared a lot of photos, from phone to phone....
This is a purple "For the Love of Hurley" bracelet we had just recieved in the mail the day before I had left on my trip. (Another ka-winky-dink, I think.)
Dad wanted a program of the game (ck=done),
And an autograph from Aaron Rodgers (ck= not done), instead of a signature, I sent a photo...HE (Aaron) is to the left of my boot! 
HAHA...close enough..(ck= done), sent via my iphone! 
And I told Dad where I was sitting...He wanted my location just in case he saw me on TV, (ck=done)


THEN 
Dad 

Bill 
sent 
this photo
below
...
Dad and Bill surely were enjoying the game 
at home! :)))
I think they may have been in the best seats!
They were at the very least closer to the bathroom!!! Ha Ha...
While we were at the game I received a WONDERFUL text from some VERY good friends in Southern Cal.
"G--- is home from the Hospital.  The Dr.'s say he is CANCER FREE and will NOT need Chemo treatment!
*(This had been a very serious Cancer situation with a very long surgery)
AMAZING NEWS! Praise the Lord...
WOW...SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF THE GOOD NEWS
THIS PAST WEEKEND.
KEEP READING ALMOST DONE...
SO...
WEDNESDAY,( THE 1OTH), DR. FIG PRESENTED US WITH THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE TUMORS...
THE CHEMO IS WORKING REALLY WELL, the tumors have shrunk considerably .  DAD WILL HAVE TWO MORE ROUNDS OF CHEMO (WHICH REALLY MEANS 4 SESSIONS). THEN AFTER THAT DAD WILL HAVE A PET SCAN....This will determine if Dad's cancer is officially in remission. 
By Christmas we should have a full confirmation of the remission!
After the first of the year Dad should only have to see Dr. Fig every 2 or 3 months.
WHOO-HOO!!!
5 years of remission will give Dad a Full Remission!
We are so excited about the wonderful news....Thank You for all of the prayers and well wishes.
Keep the prayers coming...They are working :)
God is Gracing Us with His Style...
NeeCee Signature
I took this photo in Indiana this past weekend...
The Fall colors were beautiful
NeeCee Signature@2012



No comments :