-

Monday, March 4, 2013

Sweet & Sour Sliders...

Sweet and Sour Sliders....
Chicken & Ham Style
We took these to a neighborhood gathering....I didn't bring any home!
 I used canned chicken (white meat) & canned ham. I marinated the meat in the sauce below for about 4 hours.
 Sweet & Sour Sauce:
3/4 cup of sugar, ( used 1/2 that amount by using Splenda)
Season with Salt & Pepper
1'/2 cup  white vinegar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
3/4 cup of ketchup 
Mix well then add to 2 cups of shredded meat and let marinade for a few hours. *I made two different types of sliders; ham & chicken. I used 1 cup of each meat.
 I used dinner rolls for my sliders (I used whole wheat, Sara Lee Brand).
I sliced them in rows 4, then in half lengthwise. This was easier to fill the sandwiches. Layer a piece of jack cheese on the bread first, then the meat....
 I added chives and a light sprinkle of garlic salt...
 Add another layer of jack cheese...
 Place the top on the slider...
 The Ham is assembled the same as the chicken sliders above...
 YUM...they are looking GOOD!
Bake at 335 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and meat is hot.
After Baked... 
Brush the tops with soften butter and sprinkle a light layer of garlic salt
After they were baked, I finished slicing the sliders into the dinner roll size.
These didn't last long....
These Sliders were Yummy & Tasty with Style
NeeCee Signature

No comments :