-

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chocolate Rum & Carrot Cake...

Chocolate Rum & Carrot Cake
A Simple & Quick Recipe
 This Cake is super moist. It has a secret ingredient and it's NOT the Rum!
It's sweet potatoes! Yes...You heard right! It adds to the cake without overpowering it...No one would guess it's in there! Plus the cake is so light and moist!
Follow directions on your cake box...
BUT, just so you know... it will probably cook 10-15 minutes longer...because...it is very moist!
So...here is what you need to do...
 Use your regular cake mix, (I used sugar free)
Gather ingredients according to the cake mix,
BUT...make these changes;
1. If your cake mix calls for water add RUM instead
2. Add 1/2 cup of smashed cooked sweet potatoes (I froze my remaining potatoes for a later use)
3. Add 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans, I roasted mine with a little salt first.
4. Add 1 cup of shredded Carrots
5. Then add the oil that is required on your cake mix box along with the eggs that are required.
Mix well
I used Pam spray to prepare my pan.
Bake according to the cake mix box directions. Keep in mind you may need to add additional baking time due to the moist nature of this cake.
I used prepared frosting for my cake to save time.
 Adding Rum to the Cake...
 Mixed and ready to bake!
 Since I had a time consuming dinner I was preparing...I took the simple way out and went with a simple presentation and canned frosting.
This cake was very good and no one knew it was made with rum or sweet potatoes! They just LOVED its taste!
This Cake is Moist, Tasty & Served with Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :