-

Friday, May 24, 2013

PineApple Pound Cake Topped with Macadamia Nuts...

PineApple Pound Cake topped with Brown Sugar Cool Whip & Macadamia Nuts
 We had some relatives come from out of town (Alaska)! They were on a whirlwind trip....I wanted to serve something quick and easy to my guests. My refrigerator is out of commission!
YUP! Broken, NOT working...indisposed!
2 weeks before it's FIXED!
Yikes...company was coming!
So....a coffee cake would work nicely!
 Very minimal ingredients needed for this recipe!
A cake mix, (mine was sugar free), One can of crushed pineapple, do NOT drain, brown sugar, cool whip & macadamia nuts!
THAT is IT!!!
 I used roasted & salted macadamia nuts...
Some whole and some crushed!
 Mix the pineapple & cake mix together, blending well!
 I prepared the pan with pam, used sugar to dust the pan (well, I used stevia)...tossed in some brown sugar (Splenda brand for ME).
Then poured the blended cake mix in the pan...adding a little more brown sugar to the top!
 Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes!
 OOPS! A foodie FAUX PAS....
GUESTS WERE ARRIVING ANY MINUTE! THE CAKE WOULD NOT TURN OUT OF THE PAN!!!
SOLUTION found!
Ice Cream SCOOP to the rescue...
I served it like a Brown Betty or a cobbler...
NO ONE knew EXCEPT HUBBY...and now YOU!
 Ta-Dah!!!
 Yummy for My Tummy!
 I added some brown sugar cool whip (just stir in a little brown sugar too taste and let blend with the cool whip!)
Toss on a few NUTS and I was done!
We served it with COFFEE!
It was a HIT!
Pineapple Pound Cake with served with Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :