-

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chunky Monkey Ice Cream...

Chunky Monkey is a nick name I call one of my granddaughters. And she just giggles like crazy when I tease her with that name. Any-hoo...
This Chunky Monkey is an ice cream treat that is chunked full of goodies!
I fix this dessert several different ways....And it's all good!

 *My version uses low sugar ice cream and slenda brown sugar.
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe:
1 carton of low carb vanilla ice cream (or regular), softened
1 heaping tablespoon of splenda brown sugar (use double this amount if using regular brown sugar)
1 tablespoon of chocolate olive oil
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted with olive oil and lightly salted
1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries
 Roast the chopped macadamia nuts in olive oil and lightly salt until lightly toasted. Let cool.
 Chop one cup of fresh strawberries 
 Mix all ingredients together and refreeze. In original carton and or molds. You will need and an extra container to store and freeze ice cream after you add other ingredients.
 This chocolate olive oil is yummy...I love cooking with it... Or you could just pour a little over plain vanilla bean ice cream for added flavor. I also add this to my chocolate cakes and brownies, oh the possibilities....Oh Yeah!
 Everything is mixed in and it's now ready to freeze. 
 I love using my silicone pans to form fun desserts!
 When I use the muffin/cupcake molds I sometimes freeze them. Then after they are frozen, I cut them in half and sandwich them between two cookies for a quick ice cream sandwich. Wrap in foil and re-freeze until serving.
 Look at ALL that Chunky Monkey goodness! Mmmm....
 Ice Cream Sandwiches Please???
 OR...Maybe, just Maybe...plain old Chunky Monkey Ice Cream scoops & a cookie!
Use a full muffin shape sitting on a cookies & top with a full strawberry! Now that's impressive to serve for dessert to your company! Looks like you worked harder than you did! LOVE IT!
Impress Your Guests with Desserts full of Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :