-

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Christmas is Coming.... What???


Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...
Okay...Shrieking  HALT!!! WHAT???
Life inter-rupt-US has happened once again! Kinda sort of...
No this is NOT last years photo...YES it IS happening NOW! A CURRENT photo!
Say WHAT??? Yes, I have Christmas stuff out! ALREADY!!!
Here is what happened...
Daughter Tara has a BLOG, Daughter Tara is going PUBLIC with the BLOG! Daughter Tara has TheTrendyTreehouse.blogspot.com
So because she is going Public...there's a whirlwind of STUFF to DO!
Anyhoo....She called me last Saturday night! She and the "Fam" had had a FAMILY photo Shoot!
"Ummm, MoM? Can YOU decorate EARLY for Christmas? Ummm, WE need to DO a Holiday Photo Shoot!"....My Reply..."Of course..." What else would a MOM say!!! 
So Sunday morning Dad & Mom started hauling the Trees and boxes in the HOUSE!
I had less than a full week to get this DONE!
By Monday night....The house looked like, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas boxes had exploded EVERYWHERE!!!
Up at 5Am...in bed by 10pm....Whew... IN 2 days and I was well into my marathon decorating!
THEN... I SPIED A SKUNK AT MY BACK DOOR!
OMG....I did NOT NEED SKUNK SPRAY EVERYWHERE!
Luckily my kitty's...knew better than to taunt the SKUNK!
Thank Goodness, all went well and the Skunk went along his merry way after he ate ALL the cat food!!!
Whew! OKAY...back to decorating!
On Wednesday...we had a quick photo shoot set for the Kitchen...
I HAD to have EVERYTHING READY! At least in the Kitchen!
Did I mention....WE HAVE A FAMILY WEDDING ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!!
SOOO...I had a manicure, pedicure & hair appts to work around!!! WOW....check & check...headed home from the Beauty shop on Wednesday afternoon! Got to the driveway gate! IT WON'T OPEN!!!
Holy Crepes!!! YES, CREPES!
Did I mention...I WAS wearing a DRESS!!!...I had to climb through the gate and look for the hidden wrench! It wasn't hidden... it was MISSING!
DOUBLE CREPES!!!
My cell RANG!!! It was TARA...there had been an accident near the exit and she was stuck in a line of cars! I had just driven through there !
 "A power pole was down!"
 NO WONDER the gate wasn't working!!!
No ELECTRICITY!
A neighbor happened by and help me manually open the gate! 
WHEW!...WHAT next???  Back in the CAR...
Tara finally got through the road closure and to the house...The power came back on about an hour later....
Photo Shoot went smooth...even though it was rushed and dark outside!
We were Exhausted....But finished! YEAH!!!
So with the kitchen done, photo shoot done....I was free to start on the LIVING ROOM TREE!
Yiker's!
So surprisingly...There has been more pro's than con's to this EARLY decorating...
1. We have our annual photo date set for the family Christmas card, now we can have a Christmas shot!
PRO
2. No rush (haha) to get things done for the blogs or Christmas shopping & guests arriving for the big day!
PRO
3.  Time to rest & relax in between shopping & meal planning!
PRO
4. Neighbors & friends will think I've lost my marbles....
Probably a PRO...heehee
5. I will tire of the Christmas Decor!
CON
6. Definitely will get the decorations down and put away by Boxing Day!!!
PRO
I could say more....BUT you get my point! :)
If you haven't looked at thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com 
You really should! Tara has lots to offer...along with her Guest's that post!
Check it out today....You can find us both on facebook, pinterest & instagram
Enjoy...
Trying to Keep Perspective with Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :