Sooo, in talking to myself...I am Telling ME to not panic! I didn't have time to re-bake the cake!
Solution found! The CAKE was a hit! Everyone LOVED it!...Lesson Learned....Use a product you KNOW!
Next time....buy the NAME brand, experiment when you are NOT sharing a recipe with the WORLD! Heehee..... When you are given Lemons, Make Lemonade! See how I went from 0-to-60 and did a quick fix below......
Lemon Vodka Crumb Cake
- 1 Lemon cake mix;, make as directed except replace half the liquid, milk or water with Citrus Flavored Vodka
- After mixing the vodka, eggs, oil or butter, etc. mix well and bake according to directions in a prepared baking dish at the required temperature & time. (My recipe called for two eggs, 1/2 cup of butter, milk; I used whipping cream.)
- When done, let rest for 15-20 minutes before turning out
- Since the bottom of the (my) pan stuck...I improvised and came up with a new plan. You can easily improvise any recipe to adapt, stuck or not! My cake was not burnt, just stuck! I don't know why???
- Place the loose pieces back onto the top of the cake. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of flavored Citrus Vodka over the top of the cake. ( If cake is in one piece, just drizzle! Heehee)
- Spread a layer of Lemon Curd over the top of the cake, like you would frosting. But only on the top of the cake. *(I had placed my cake in a shallow casserole dish to help hold the pieces together.)
- Blend together some powder sugar & a small amount of Citrus Vodka to create a thick sugar glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake. Let stand for at least an hour to let the glaze set.
Making Lemons into Lemonade with Style,