Oven Roasted Artichokes...
- Artichokes, fresh
- 1 tablespoon butter per artichoke
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepared minced garlic, small amount or a pieces of a garlic bulb
- Roasted Garlic, for garnishing
- Choose the amount of Artichokes you wish to bake...I used 2 artichokes for this recipe
- Wash, drain and prepare to bake. Cut the tips of the leaves with a straight edge, removing the spiny pointed ends
- Next, cut the the artichokes in half, lengthwise
- Clean the inside center of the fuzzy part of the choke, leaving the heart intact
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly oil the Artichokes with olive oil
- Place the prepared Artichokes on a prepared cooking sheet.
- In the center of the heart, place a small amount of prepared garlic and a small chunk of butter, sprinkle with roasted garlic. Season with Pepper & Salt to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter with some garlic salt seasoning to taste, drizzle & pour over the artichokes
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 375 degrees. Check after 30-40 minutes, they may need to be covered with foil. You want them roasted not burnt. Watch closely the last 20 minutes, in case you need to turn down the heat.
Eat them alone or serve with garlic butter or mayonnaise
These are so good we eat them as a main meal. They are also great to serve as an appetizer. You can also serve these cold with a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar on top!
Eating our Veggies with Style,