Classic Deviled Eggs are so yummy and full of protein. They are great for a light snack too! There are so many things you can add to deviled eggs, there are dozens upon dozens of additions. Be creative and switch it up once in a while. But...It is always handy to have the Classic recipe to build from....Besides with Easter is on its way....Sooo egg recipes will be needed, that I am sure!
Based on 6 eggs, doubles well
- 6 eggs, boiled & peeld, cut in half
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of yellow or dijon mustard
- 1 tablesppon of dill or sweet pickle juice ( 1 teaspoon white vinegar works too)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (I like to use Garlic Salt)
- Black Pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika for garnish
- Dill Weed for garnish
- And/or Chives for garnish
- Boiled Eggs, peeled & cut in half, place the yolks in a bowl, set whites aside
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add in the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper
- Mix well together
- Fill the white portion on the egg halves equally with the mayo/mustard mixture using a teaspoon, filling all of the eggs or you may pipe them in also.
- Sprinkle with the Paprika and or dill weed to garnish