Craving a Bacon Cheese Burger? Started your Swim Suit diet?? No worries....This Cheeseburger is Bun less! It's so good you won't miss the bread! Ornery said it was his new go-to salad for summer! WELL,...he does love the Hot Dog Salad too...(here). Both these salads would be awesome for Summer....
For each Salad you will need...
- Lettuce, I used romaine lettuce; washed and roll in a paper towel to chill, 4 leaves per salad.
- 1 small-medium tomato, sliced or diced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced in to small wedges., spritz with lemon juice to keep from browning
- Hamburger, 1-2 patties cooked and crumble or cut into small pieces or *I used a hamburger roll, (shaped like a hot dog, precooked, reheated & sliced into rounds). I make these Hamburger Rolls ahead, cook until they are medium rare & freeze... When needed, I thaw & heat in the oven until hot at 275 degrees. This is an awesome way to fix a meal quick!
- Cooked bacon, 1 or 2 slices, cut or broken into pieces
- 1/2 small-medium yellow Onion, sliced. Serve either raw or lightly sautéed .
- 1/2 cheese sauce, such as nacho cheese to use as a dressing, slightly warmed
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese, any flavor you desire
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- **Dressing is optional, Ranch or Thousand Island (whatever kind you like) & drizzle..We just use the Cheese sauce.
Line your bowl or dish with the lettuce first, then start layering the ingredients, leaving the cheese for last (to drizzle & sprinkle on top)...And Serve!
**I served a chunky Pickle Relish on the side to go with the salad! You can't forget the Pickles! :)
It was a hit! 'Nuff said!
Re-Inventing Lunch with Style...
Cooking Tip: Slice an Avocado in half lengthwise, lightly twist off top half, run a teaspoon around the edge of the pit, lift the pit out with the spoon (see photo above), peel & slice. Spritz with Lemon juice to keep from turning brown.