This would be great for a last minute dessert. Or....Perfect for Mother's Day, & easy enough for the kids or Dad to make. Besides it LOOKS & TASTES A--ma--zing!
- 1 can of Reddi Wip whipped cream
- 1 small package of instant Pistachio Pudding Mix, make according to the instructions on the box
- 2 cups of cold milk for the pudding, see the pudding box for amounts & instructions, **I used 1 cup of milk & one cup of whipping cream
- 10-12 Shortbread cookies, crushed into med to small pieces, reserve one cookies per dessert for topping
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of unsalted & shelled pistachio's , roughly chopped into pieces
- 4 glasses or jars to layer desserts
Mix the Instant Pudding mix and milk together, place in the refrigerator to set. It should be set in about 5-10 minutes. *I use 1/2 whipping cream for 3 reasons: Lower Carb, Sets up faster & tastes richer.
Crush the cookies in a plastic zip lock bag.
Chop the nuts, divide in half
Take half the nuts and mix with the crushed cookies. Drizzle the melted butter over the mixture. Place on a cookies sheet and broil on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Let cool
In a glass or jar, start layering dessert items in this order...*I used Mason Jars:
1. Cookie Crumb mixture
2. A squirt of whip cream
3. a dollop of pudding
Layer again, 1 more time, in the same order
Top with whip cream, sprinkle with nuts & top with a whole cookie
A Clear Glass or Jar works the best so... You may set & admire your creation!
**Sugar free Ingredients work perfectly...That's what I used!
This Dessert is Creamy, Dreamy & Full of Style...
Happy Mother's Day Everyone....