Strawberry Short Cake Cookies
Recipe by Grandma Marge, enhanced by NeeCee
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of shortening (I used Butter Crisco)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- *Additions to orignal recipe:
- 1 cup of diced strawberries, pat berries with a paper towel to soak up excess liquid
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
Cream together the shortening, sugar and eggs.
Blend together the baking soda & sour cream, then fold into the sugary mixture. Mix well.
Combine the flour, baking powder & salt...sift over the other combine ingredients and blend to combine everything.
Next fold in the white chocolate chips and strawberries , gently blend.
Drop the cookies by the spoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden & crispy edges.
Remove from the Baking Sheet and Let cool on a cooling rack...Cookies will be soft until cooled.
Yields around 3 dozen depending on the size of your spoonfuls.
**Serve as a delicious dessert...see the second photo! Yummy!
Amazing Taste with Sweet Style...