-

Friday, June 6, 2014

Salted Caramel & Chocolate Cupcakes...Made Easy!

Simple works when you are on the run! And this worked! Yummy-li-cious! A quick & easy outta-the-box recipe with simple additions! I wanted some special cupcakes for our Grandson's graduation party...He loves chocolate & butterfingers....So, I made cupcakes in two versions for the party! You will love these yummy treats, take a look......Psst! Don't Tell Cordell...these cupcakes are a surprise for him! xo, NeeCee
 Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
from PineCreekStyle

Chocolate Pepsi Cupcakes:

  • 1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used sugar free)
  • Oil, eggs and *water...I replaced the water with Diet Pepsi! These were ingredients were called for on my cake mix! 

Mix & Bake ingredients according to the cake mix you choose. fill each cup no more than 1/2 of the cupcake paper...let cool

I used Pepsi in place of water because this makes the cupcakes light and airy! * I used diet to keep my cupcakes sugar free.

Salted Caramel Chocolate Frosting:
Semi-Homemade


  • 1 can of Hersey's Chocolate frosting (regular or sugar free)
  • 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons of Caramel
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 butterfingers candy bar, crushed. I used this as additional topping for half of  the cupcakes
  • Coarse crushed Sea Salt, just a sprinkle....
In a bowl, mix together:
The chocolate frosting, caramel and a pinch of salt, blend well

Frosting the Cupcakes:

I piped on the frosting without using a tip, in the center of each cupcake.  On half of those, I sprinkled very lightly some coarse Sea Salt. On the other half I added crush Butterfinger pieces to the top.

And you are done! So easy to make, So tasty to eat! Enjoy!
 Goodness made Easy!
Better get a good look now...these will disappear quick at the party later today! Everything Cordell loves....Soda ( a treat, since he doesn't have it often), Chocolate & Butterfingers Candy bars (his Mama clued me in on his all time fave candy bar)!
Let the Party Begin with Style...
 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg
Happy graduation from 8th grade Cordell! You will enjoy high school! Congrats...We are so proud of you!, xo Nan & Pop!

No comments :