from Pine Creek Style
- One white box cake mix
- Tequila; enough to equal the liquid measurement on the cake mix * (My box called for 1 cup liquid)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup of strawberries for infusing: cut strawberries, place in a cheese cloth bouquet bag... see directions
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup or clear Karo syrup
- Eggs & oil as called for on the cake mix box
- additional 1/2 cup of fresh cut strawberries to be used for the filling
- 1/2 can of prepared vanilla frosting for the filling
- A heaping 1/2 cup of melting chocolate for ganache & 1/4 cup each of white & pink chocolate for candy topping
- 1/2 cup of Whipping cream for the Chocolate ganache/frosting
First, make the Tequila infusion, then the cake batter.
- In a large vessel, pour in the required tequila for the liquid measurement. Example: 1 cup of tequila, 1 tablespoon of simple syrup and the bouquet bag with the cut strawberries inside. Drop the bouquet bag in the tequila mixture and heat in the microwave for 40 seconds on high. Let cool. Then squeeze the bag into the pink tequila to drain. Set aside strawberry tequila to cool & use later to the cake batter. Discard the bouquet bag.
- Mix the cake batter as directed (eggs, oil etc.) on the box using the infused strawberry tequila. Also add the vanilla powder at this time. Mix well and place in a prepared baking pan.
- Cook the cake according to the directions on the cake box. Cool.
Between the cake layers, mix:
1/2 cup of chopped strawberries, fold gently into 1/2 (-3/4) cup of canned frosting. Use this to fill between the cake layers.
Make a Dark Chocolate Ganache for the top.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of melting chocolate in a sauce pan
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of whipping cream to the chocolate , stirring constantly
- 1 tablespoon of tequila, optional
- Stir until melted completely and shiny in appearance.
- Cool, slightly warm, and pour over the top of the cake
- Melt the chocolate's (1/4 cup per color) and use a teaspoon to drizzle melted chocolate in a desired pattern onto waxed paper. Let harden and use as candy decor on top of the ganache/cake. See photo for example
This Cake has Decadent Style & Taste!