- 1 box of chocolate cake mix, prepare as directed on the box including eggs & oil...EXCEPT, replace liquid with cherry cola...see below
- Enough Cherry Cola to equal amount of liquid on the cake box directions
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder or 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla , optional
- 1/2 cup of pureed cherry pie filling, *reserve 1 tablespoon for the frosting.
- Several fresh cherries for the garnish on top of the frosting, reserve for last
Mix all ingredients well and place in cupcake papers to bake. Follow the cake box directions
Frosting: I used a canned chocolate frosting and added 1 tablespoon of purred cherry pie filling. Mix well. I frosted the top with the Cherry Chocolate Frosting, then drizzled a little powder sugar glaze on top. Top it off with a fresh Cherry and candy sprinkles!...Remind your guests to watch for the cherry pits!!!
Bug-A-Boo loved his cupcakes...We surprised him with an extra large cupcake of his very own! Check out the size difference in the photos above!
A Boy's Birthday Party with Style & Cherries on Top...