-

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vintage Lampshade Embellished...

An old wire framed Lampshade becomes new again! Simple & Stylish, made from old white pillowcases...Adorable!
 I found the wire lampshade at the local Good Samaritan...$1.00! And  2 sets of white full size sheets for another $2.00 each. I used the 4 pillow cases for the lampshade makeover.  (Old Sheets are great for all kinds of projects!)

I simply cut the pillowcases at the seams,  including the hemmed edges. That left me with two rectangles pieces per pillowcase. Turning the material lengthwise, I sniped the edges about every inch or so. After that, I tore each strip by hand, leaving the edges raw. Remove & discard any loose, long strings of thread. Tie the strips in a single knot version, onto the top and bottom wires.  Adjust the knots in various spots on the lampshade, creating an irregular pattern. Repeat until Lampshade is complete. *See the photo below for examples.
Very easy and quick, with awesome results. NOW, I need to find a lamp! :)))
Be Creative with Style...
 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg

No comments :