-

Monday, September 29, 2014

Limoncello Liqueur, Homemade Happiness...

Limoncello Liqueur.....Homemade Happiness in a Jar!
I recently made one of my specialty cakes, and needed some Lemon Vodka... Instead I decided to make my own Limoncello Liqueur for the recipe! so glad I did, WOW is it good! I think it was a great addition to my Lemon Vodka Cake....YUM...I will post that cake recipe later this week!

Limoncello Liqueur
   the Cattle Queen Cooks @ PineCreekStyle

Ingredients:

  • 1 - 750ml  100 proof Vodka, *I used Citrus flavored Vodka for a little extra boost of flavor
  • 7-8 Lemons, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon Lemon Extract
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups of water
Directions:

  1. In a large sauce pan, combine water and sugar bring to a boil. Bring to a gentle boil for about 5-7 minutes, dissolving the sugar.
  2. Remove the simple syrup from the heat and cool, set aside
  3. Mix together, in a large jar, the vodka, juice and extract. Shake or stir to blend.
  4. When the simple syrup has cooled, add to the Lemon Vodka mixture. Blend or shake well together.
  5. Place the lid on the jar and place in a cool, dark corner on the counter.  Leave the mixture to sit for 1o days, shaking to blend, once a day. This will let the flavors blend together.
  6. Yields about 5+ cups more or less
This recipe may be doubled easily. 


**This recipe is great for cocktails, cooking & baking recipes. This recipe makes the perfect gift for the Holidays too!

Lemon-li-cious with Style...

 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg

No comments :