The beauty of this recipe....You may use different types of alcohol to suit your tastes and cooking needs. See below! Very easy! So happy how this turned out! And so happy I came up with a new versatile recipe! Yummy!
Homemade Coffee Liqueur
from The Cattle Queen at PineCreekStyle
- 5 cups of water
- 3 cups of packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Espresso, Instant Coffee
- 2 teaspoons of pure Vanilla
- 1 750ml of Tequila. (I used silver)
- Recipe yields about 8+ cups of liquid
- Heat the water in the microwave on high for five minutes. Use a large mixing bowl or pitcher .
- Remove from microwave and stir in the brown sugar, vanilla and instant espresso. Stir gently to dissolve sugar & coffee Let cool completely. * You may do this process on the stove top.
- Pour the Tequila in the coffee mixture and stir gently to blend.
- Transfer the Coffee Liqueur into 2 vessels, I used large mason jars. Leave room, in the jar, to shake to blend the liqueur as it cures.
- Set in the filled jar a darkened area on the counter, shaking 1-2 times a day, for 10 days.
You may substitute other Alcohols in equal amounts: Rum/Kahlua , Vodka, Whiskey or Everclear.
It all depends on your taste or the recipes you want to use. Great for Coffee drinks, Cocktails or Cooking Recipes & Sauces.
A Great Christmas Gift for Friends & Family!
Serve Your Homemade Coffee Liqueur with Style...
Show Your Style, Love, Like and Share....