from Pine Creekstyle
Oh these are so good! We combined our favorite things, Cream puffs, Strawberries & Chocolate....
Strawberry Cream Puffs:
from Pine Creek Style
Ingredients four 4 cream puffs:
- 1 1/2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- 1 small basket of strawberries, washed, & sliced
- Small amount of Sugar for sweetening the fruit
- Square of Melting Chocolate, 2-3 ounces, melted
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed and cut into fourths
- 1 egg, beaten with a dash of water for an egg wash
- Scant amount of powder sugar for garnish
1. Sweet Cream:
In a large chilled metal bowl combine the whipping cream & the powder sugar, beat well on medium speeeduntil the cream is whipped! Chill in the fridge. *Do not over beat or you will have sweet butter!
2. Sprinkle sliced Strawberries with a little sugar to sweeten. Chill.
3. Bake the puff pastry according to the directions on your box. I did an egg wash on the top of the pastry for a beautiful golden color. Let cool until ready to serve, them split each puff in half carefully with a knife.
4. in a small dish, melt the chocolate until smooth & shiny. Mine took about 40 seconds in the microwave. With a knive or small oval spoon, drizzle the chocolate onto wax paper , into the design you want, i just made a back & forth motion. Let dry & harden. Use the chocolate pieces to garnish the dessert.
On four dessert plates, place the bottom portions of the puff pastries.
Layer as folows: 1 dollup of sweet cream on each bottom piece, spoon strawberries ( *reserve a few strawberries for garnish) equally over the four plates, add more sweet cream to each puff. Reserve enough Sweet Cream for four large dollops for the top of each dessert.
Add the top of each pastry puff. Garnish with a dollop of Sweet Cream. Next add chocolate pieces & a couple of strawberries. Sprinkle powder sugar over the top and serve!
*Bite, chew & Repeat! Yummy!!!!*