Love, Like & Share with Style...
Greek Spinach Pie
1 large onion, Chopped
6 green onions, sliced thin, including green tops
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
3 tablespoons of olice oil for sauteing the onions, mushrooms & garlic
1 large package of chopped spinched, squeezed dry
1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped fine
2 eggs lightly, beaten
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1 cup of feta (cow's milk) cheese
1/2 cup of white cheddar cheese, shredded
2 sheets of phyllo dough
1 egg beaten with a small amount of water for an egg wash on the phyllo dough or 1/4 cup of olive oil instead of egg wash
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a fry pan heat the small amount of oil & sauce the onions, mushrooms & garlic
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, cheeses & eggs together.
- Fold in the sautéed onion mixture. Blend well.
- In a 9x13 greased pan, place one sheet of phyllo dpough. Prick with a fork.
- Next spread the Spinach mixture evenly over the dough.
- Place the second sheet of phyllo dough ovr the top.
- Brush the top dough with egg wash or olive oil
- Bake in the heated oven for 30-40 minutes
- Cut into squares & Serve immediately while hot
Extra Yummy....Serves 8 or more