Ranch Ready Beans aka Rodeo Beans....This is hearty, rib stick'n chili. Easy to fix when you have a big crew to feed. It may be made ahead, which will blend the seasonings to total perfection. So simple, basically an open and dump recipe....so enjoy!
Ranch Ready Chili
The Cattle Queen Cooks at PineCreekStyle
- 1 Large family size tin of chili beans (I used Dennison's)
- 1 large can of Ranch Beans
- 2 cans of white kidney beans or white beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
*Open and dump in a large stock pot and stir together.
Do not drain any of the beans.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green apples, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 of each; yellow, red and green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon of prepared minced garlic
*Add to the bean mixture and stir
- 1 lb of ground hamburger, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package of hot sausage (4), *I used Habenerro style, cut bite size
Stir into the Chili bean pot.
Season with garlic pepper to taste. Stir again.
Let simmer until heated through and serve.
* It tastes better the longer you cook it, giving it time to blend.
The apple cooks down and adds a unique flavor to the chili.
Serve with corn bread and red pepper butter!
Red Pepper Butter:
2 cubes of butter, softened
1 tablespoon of diced pimento's
1 teaspoon of chives
Garlic Pepper to taste
Blend together well and serve with your favorite corn bread.
This is a recipe I have served often for branding's or ranch/family
gathering's.It is always well received...
Rib Stick'n Ranch Beans served with Style