- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/2 half of a medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 small can of Ranchera Salsa (Herdez brand) or 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 package of Taco Seasoning, dry
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1 - can of Large Crescent Rolls, *8 total
- 1 1/2 cups Doritio Tortilla chips, Nacho Flavored, crushed & divided
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup plus Sour Cream
- In a large fry pan cook the ground beef, when browned ...Add the cut onions, cook until onions are tender
- Stir in the Salsa (or tomato sauce) and the taco seasoning
- Next, add the oil and water. Cook until blended. Set aside.
- Open the crescent roll can and place into a prepared cast iron pan or large pie dish. Press the crescent rolls into a pie crust shape leaving the crust below the top of the pan (see photo). Seal perforations. Leave unbaked.
- Layer half of the crushed Doritos's in the bottom of the unbaked bread/pie crust
- Layer the meat mixture on top of the Doritos/crust
- Gently spread the sour cream over the top of the meat
- Cover the sour cream with the shredded cheese
- Layer the remaining crushed Doritos's on top of the cheese.
Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into pie wedges,
Serve with a green salad, and/or slices of avocado & tomatoes. Garnish with Sour Cream.
**On a side note: I loved how this pie cut easily and held its wedge shape...So good that the leftovers didn't last long!