The recipe is written for each adaption... PineCreekStyle
Cinnamon Toast Stix's:
*Based on 12 sticks
- 12 slices of fresh white sandwich bread, crust's removed
- flatten each square with a rolling pin
- roll up into a round stick
- dip into melted butter (about 3-4 tablespoons ), covering all sides
- roll into mixed cinnamon sugar, about 1/4 cup or so
Churro's w/ Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 loaf of white sandwich bread, sliced and crust removed
- 8 ounce's of soften cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- dash of cinnamon
- cinnamon & sugar mixed, about 3/4 cup, for dusting
- 1 cube of butter, melted
- Remove crusts and flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin.
- Mix the Cream Cheese, powdered sugar and brown sugar w/ a dash of cinnamon together until blended.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of flattened bread.
- Roll into a long tube shape
- Dip the bread roll in to the melted butter to coat all sides.
- Roll in the Cinnamon Sugar mixture to coat
P B & J Sticks:
**Follow the same process as the Churro's, except line #2. See instructions below...
- Line #2: Spread a layer of peanut butter, then spread a layer of jelly or jam...*Thin layers work best for rolling
- Follow the remaing instructions for the Churro's
French Toast Sticks
*Follow the same process as the Cinnamon Sticks above, except...delete the melted butter. See the remaining directions below:
- Use a full loaf of sliced bread, crusts removed and flattened
- Roll the bread slices into sticks
- Dip the bread rolls into: an egg wash , recipe as follows...2-3 eggs, scrambled, a splash of milk and a dash of vanilla. Cover the entire roll with the egg wash
- gently roll the egg washed bread into the cinnamon sugar mixture (about 3/4 cup needed)
- Place on a prepared baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes more or less
Great fun to make with the kids too!