Roasted Spinach Salad...Popeye would Love...
Roasted Spinach Salad
The CattleQueen Cooks at PineCreekStyle
Recipe Based on 2-4 depending if it is a main meal or served as a side dish
- 4 cups of fresh Spinach for cooking
- 2 cups of fresh Spinach, reserve for the finishing touch on the salad
- 1 box of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 heaping tablesppon of dehydrated onions
- 3 or four gloves of garlic, roasted or not, sliced
- Pine Creek Seasoning (see recipe here) or Garlic Pepper, to taste
- 4-5 pieces of Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, devided in half
- 6-8 small tomatos, slice in half (*I used multi colored for color in the salad)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
~Small amount of Italian Cheese blend or Parmesan
~Half of the Reserved cooked Bacon
~Fried Cheese Crisps (see recipe here)
~1-2 tablespoons per plate, your favorite salad dressing, if desired. *We used a Tomato/Artichoke Vinagerette for added tanginess....Or None at all
- In a large skillet or fry pan, saute the butter, mushrooms, onions, garlic & seasonings together until it reaches desired finish
- Next, place the fresh (4 cups) of Spinach in the pan, lightly steam with a lid on low heat, then remove lid
- Add in the bacon, half or all, according to your preference & toss
- Then add the tomatoes for a few moments
- To finish, toss in the remaining fresh Spinach and quickly mix, slightly cooking.
Serve. Eat. Repeat...