Chili Relleno Pie...This was so good... and I had enough to make omelet the next day....Delicious!
- 1 large can of green chili's, drain well and pat dry with paper towels
- 6 ounces of shredded jack cheese
- 6 ounces of Mexican blend cheese, shredded or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3/4 cup for diced, cooked steak or prime rib
- 1 small to medium onion, diced, saute the onions and meat together , set aside
- Pine Creek Seasoning or Garlic Pepper to taste
- Red chili pepper to taste...careful can be hot...easy on the seasoning
- Cumin, to taste, *I like heavier than lighter...
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Garnish, Fresh Sour Cream when serving
- Saute the butter, onions & meat together till onions are softented, set aside, season with the garlic pepper & cumin to taste
- Prepare an Iron Skillet, about a 10" size, with baking spray such as Pam.
- Set the Oven at 350 degrees to preheat.
- Layer the half the chilis on the bottom of the pan
- Sprinkle have the cheeses on top
- Next, layer the cooked onions & meat together over the cheese
- Add the second layer of chili's
- Then add the remaing shredded cheeses
- Mix together the beaten eggs, sour cream & flour. *I sifted my flour to blend easier, personal preference. Cream together well.
- Spinkle in seasonings and fold in to mix well.
- Using a spatula, spread the Sour Cream mixture evenly over the top of the chili & cheese mixture. Method:* Like you would frost the top of a cake
Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream on top & dust with Cumin (see photo above)