I had seen several recipes for Crack dip abd had even tasted it before. BUT...I enhanced and added some ingredients...the dip is amazing and it turned out better than I imagined!
Roasted Corn Crack DipAuthor: The CattleQueen Cooks
Note: I make a large batch because it disappears so quickly!
- 2 cups of yellow corn, I used frozen
- 3 cups of Sour Cream
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 cup of chopped green &/or red peppers, raw
- 1 can (7 ounces) of green chili's, drained
- 1/2 cup heaping of jalapenos, (jarred), chopped
- 2- 8 ounce cream cheese packages, softened
- 4 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped Cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter fro sauteing
- Garlic Pepper seasoning , to taste (Check out Our Special blend here)
- In a frying pan saute the trimmed green onions in a small amount of butter, cook hot and fast, they cook quickly, set aside to cool, then cut into small pieces
- Saute the red/green peppers in the same pan. let cool, set aside with the green onions
- Saute the Corn in the remaining amount of butter with the garlic pepper for seasoning. Set aside and let cool, then add to the other sauteed veggies
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo together, you may use a mixer to blend
- Fold in the shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture, blends well
- Next, add in the sauteed veggies, green chili's and jalapenos & cilantro. Blend well.
- Let the dip meld the flavors for an hour or two before serving.