- 2-4 Pork chops, boneless
- Salt & Garlic Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin into rings
- 1 package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 package of Pork gravy mix, (I used Knorr's)
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Coat the pork with the oil and season well with the salt and garlic pepper
- Brown the meat on a griddle or frying pan, medium high, for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Searing the meat
- Place the seared meat in a baking dish and bake for about 10 minutes.
- While the meat is baking, sauté the onions and mushrooms, season lightly if desired
- In a sauce pan, add the gravy packet, water and whipping cream, stir gently, continuously, bring to a boil and reduce.
- Stir in the tablespoon of butter into the gravy
- Next, add the cooked onions & mushrooms to the gravy, gravy will be thick.
- Remove the baked pork from the oven and spoon the gravy sauce over the top and serve immediately.