-

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Spiced Rum-Infused...

Spiced Rum-Infused
Spiced Rum-Homemade Infused
Author: The CattleQueen Cooks

Ingredients:

  • 1 bottlle of dark rum (your brand) 750ml
  • 20 plumbs or 40 halves of pitted plums, no need to peels skins
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar, loose
  • 1/2 + teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/3 grated Orange peel
DIRECTIONS:
Mix together in a large mason jar, let meld for 2 weeks. Strain fruit & peel from the Rum.
Rinse Plums and save for Recipes, such as my Plum Drunk Cake found HERE. Fruit may be frozen & used for recipes later.
Your Spiced Rum is ready to Serve...



Update: I am so glad I keep a working recipe journal....AND that I belive in hard copies for EVERYTHING! I recently reposted this recipe for the upcoming holidays and discovered that the recipe had been lost on the internet! YIKES! So I pulled out my Recipe Journal that looks more like Chicken Scratch...AND re-posted! Sorry for any inconvenience....so glad I had the hard copy! WHEW!!!.....
Enjoy.......
 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpgXO

No comments :