The CattleQueen Cooks at PineCreekStyle
1 frozen white bread dough, thaw over night in the fridge
Cinnamon Sugar blend, about a half of cup
1 cube of butter , softened
1 egg & a scant of water for an egg wash, mix well
1.Thaw the frozen bread overnight in the refrigerator in a gallon bag prepared with cooking spray (or follow directions on the package)
2. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a prepared counter or board prepared with cooking spray. Make an oblong shape. With the softened butter, spread across the rolled out bread. Then sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar to cover. Reserve some Cinnamon Sugar for the finish.
3. Cut dough into three lengthwise sections, see photos. Then fold each prepared section in half. Next, twist each section lengthwise.
4. In a prepared, round pan, take one twisted strip and roll in a circle , starting withe middle/center to the pan. Take the second strip, connect to the first strip and wind around the dough cycle. Repeat withe this twist. (see photos) It will rise while cooking.
5. Gently egg wash the twisted dough. Sprinkle the remains Cinnamon Sugar on top.
6. You may let the dough rise in a warm area for about 20 minutes or just let it rise in the oven.
7. Cook according to the directions on the frozen dough package. Cover lightly with foil if it browns too quickly. Serve warm.
Note: You may also make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top.
Great with your Coffee in the morning!