Served this for Dice night with the girls....Oh YUM!
*I usually set up "Buffet Style" so people may pick & choose the food items they want on their salads.
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds of hamburger, cooked & crumbled with seasoning.
- 1 can of black beans drained, chilled
- 4-6 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk of green onions, sliced
- 5-6 radishes, sliced thin & halved
- 1 can of black olives, sliced
- 2-3 cups of shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 1 can of green chili's, drained and chopped
- 1 head of Lettuce, prepared and sliced or chopped small
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole, see recipe here (500* hits on this recipe)
- 1 package of Taco seasoning for meat
- Garlic Pepper to taste...see recipe here ( over 1k hits on this recipe)
- 4-6 extra large tortillas
- Sliced Jalopeno's as desired!
- small amount of oil for cooking
- Prepare all the veggies & chill till serving
- On a grill or a large frying pan, prepared with oil, roast the tortilla's, frying on both side, lightly cooking
- In large individual salad bowls prepared with cooking spray, place each tortilla in the bowl...place a coffee cup or smaller bowl on top..See photo below...Bake in the oven at 250 degrees for about 15 minutes...watch for browinng...turn off the oven and let the bowls cool slowly in the oven while you prepare the meat
- Cook the hamburger with the seasonings until done
- Use the cooked Taco shells for your salad bowl...(I removed coffee cups, but left the shell in the bowl for serving)
- Fill your taco salad as desired...**I started with the meat first
- Top with Guacamole & Sour Cream, Sprinkle with Cumin
- Serve alone or with your favorite dressing...
- Fix and Serve