Yields 2 salads, meal size or 4-6 entree salads
- 2 stalks of Romanine Salad, washed & chilled
- 1 heaping cup of Corn, fresh or frozen, roasted
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped and roasted with the corn
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 2 small or 1 large Avocado, chopped and tossed with Lime juice
- 1/2 cup of bell peppers, chopped small *Tri Colored makes a pretty presentation
- Garlic Pepper Seasoning to taste, I recommend our "PineCreek Ranch Blend"
- Cilantro. chopped about 1/4 heaping cup
- Chives for garnish, *optional
- Pepita's, roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish, *optional
- Cilantro/Jalepeno Ranch salad dressing (store bought) drizzled across the salad
- Prepare the lettuce and chill
- Roast in a fry pan, the corn , bell peppers & onions in the butter, season with the Garlic Pepper Blend
- Prepare the Avocado, drizzle with lime juice and chill
- Prepare the Cilantro
- Let Corn mixture, cool slightly, quickly toss the Avocado & Cilantro with the Corn mixture.
- Layer the mixture in the lettuce leaves
- Drizzle with the salad dressing
- Garnish the top with Pepita's &/or Chives and serve!
Note: Full of Robust flavor! The roasted Corn takes this salad over the top! Ornery gave it a high five!!!! It was THAT good!